boy hands making rock group musician from modeling clay

I Specialize In Reaching Kids

For the last two decades I have specialized in the art of Play Therapy, working with children experiencing life challenges such as divorce, grief and loss, OCD, separation anxiety and behavioral challenges. I work with parents and families, teaching skills you can use at home to connect more deeply with your children.

Teen & Adult Therapy

Teens face intense stressors from multiple sources–pressure at school to perform above grade level, demanding athletic competition, challenging peer interactions, as well as family changes and transitions. Having someone in their life who is outside the hubbub of home, school and sport to teach them stress management skills and ways to navigate intense emotion, has benefits that reach far into their future.

Three kids play outside shelter made of branches in a forest

Treatment Focuses

  • Adult, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
  • Trauma Resiliency Model
  • Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
  • Play Therapy for Children
  • Grief and loss
  • Divorce and family transition
  • Anxiety and OCD
  • New life stages (transitions to college, job changes, new relationships)
  • Child behavioral issues
  • Parenting skills

What To Expect:

  • Typically, upon hearing from you, we will do a brief phone intake (approximately 10 minutes) to determine if I will be the best fit for you or for your child. If I feel that one of my colleagues will be able to address your issues more effectively due to their areas of training and expertise, I will give you a referral name or two.
  • Teen and adult psychotherapy sessions are 50 minutes long, however 80 minutes sessions are available for an extra fee.
  • Child play therapy sessions are 45 minutes long.
  • Payment can be made with cash, check or IvyPay.


  • Teen and adult session (50 min.): $160.00.
  • Child play therapy session (45 min.): $160.00
  • Extended session (80 min.): $250.00.


  • I do not bill insurance and I am not on any insurance panels. I can provide a monthly “superbill” you can use to have your insurance carrier reimburse you directly if so desired.